Standard Oil of Estero Bay
Both of these were taken in 1936
Chevron has preserved a neat section of coastline. The cultivated field on the left is used for cattle grazing today. The entire area is pretty much what it was in 1936
Toro Creek bridge and the base camp
The caption on the left reads "On its journey into Estero Bay the submarine section proceeded under the highway bridge that spans Toro Creek. Note the apparatus installed on the bridge for communicating with the tug out in the bay.
The submarine section of the line was a single unit that extended more than a half-mile back into Toro Creek Valley. It was supported on rails by trucks especially built for this installation